Plex Media Server helps you manage your photos, videos, and audio files that are stored on an external USB hard drive that is attached to your Nighthawk X10 R9000 router. For you to stream your media files, you must add them to your Plex library first.
To add content to your Plex Media Server library:
- Connect your external USB hard drive to the USB port of your router.
The USB 3.0 LED lights up.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your network and enter http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
The login window displays.
- Enter the router user name and password and click the Log In button.
Note: The user name is admin and the default password is password. The user name and password are case sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select PLEX Media Server.
- Select Open Plex.
Note: Plex Media Server must be enabled. For more information about enabling your Plex Media Server, visit How do I set up my Plex Media Server on my Nighthawk X10 R9000 router?.
- Next to Libraries, click the plus + icon.
- Select the library type and enter a name of your library.
- Select a language and click Next.
- Click Browse for media folder.
- Select a folder where you want to save your media files and click Add.
- Click Add Library.
Your media files are saved to your Plex library.