Plex Media Server helps you manage your photos, videos, and audio files that are stored on an external USB hard drive that is attached to your Nighthawk X10 R9000 router. Plex allows you to stream media files to other devices that are connected to your network.
To enable Plex Media Server on your router:
- Connect your external USB hard drive to the USB port of your router.
The USB 3.0 LED lights up.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your network and enter http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
The login window opens.
- Enter the router user name and password and click the Log In button.
Note: The user name is admin and the default password is password. The user name and password are case sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select PLEX Media Server.
The Plex Media server displays.
- Select Download and enable PLEX Media Server and click the Apply button.
Plex Media Server is enabled.
- Click the Open Plex button.
Follow the onscreen instructions to create your Plex account.