The geo-filter feature helps reduce lag while gaming by allowing you to set a maximum distance between you and the servers or players that you connect to.
For more information about the geo-filter, visit https://netduma.com/features/geo-filter/.
To set up the geo-filter:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net.
A login window displays.
- Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The Dashboard displays.
- Click Geo-Filter > ADD DEVICE.
- Click the Show All Devices check box.
- Click the device that you want to set a geo-filter for and click DONE.
- Select the Filtering Mode or Spectating Mode radio button.
Note: Filtering Mode blocks connections outside of your distance radius to force the host or server inside of your radius. NETGEAR recommends using Filtering Mode for console games. Spectating mode doesn’t block connections outside of your radius. NETGEAR recommends this for PC games that don’t require filtering.
- In the Geo-Filter Map section, move the slider to set your distance radius.
Your settings are saved.