A captive portal is an entry to a guest network that requires guests to view a splash page and agree to terms and conditions before using the network. When using captive portal guest networks visitors cannot see other devices that are connected and they cannot access the local area network (LAN).
To set up a guest network with a captive portal:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.
- Enter Orbilogin.com.
A login window displays.
- Enter the Orbi admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you created the first time you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select Guest Portal.
The Guest Portal Settings page displays.
- Select the Enable Guest Portal check box.
- Leave the Enable SSID Broadcast check box selected.
Allowing the router to broadcast its WiFi network name (SSID) makes it easier to find your network and connect to it. If you clear this check box, you create a hidden network.
- To change the network name, type a new name in the Guest Portal Network Name (SSID) field. The name can be up to 32 characters long and it is case-sensitive. If you change the name, make sure to write down the new name and keep it in a safe place.
- To set a guest portal password, select the Password Authentication radio button and enter the password in the field.
The password can be up to 32 characters long.
Visitors must enter this password in the guest portal and click AGREE to accept terms and conditions, then they can access Internet.
- To set an expiration time for how long users can access the Internet, select a time from the Expiration menu.
After visitors are authenticated, they can access the Internet for that period of time. After the period expires, visitors are redirected to the Terms and Conditions page.
- To include a custom Terms and Conditions page, click the Browse button in the Terms and Conditions section.
- Locate and select the Terms and Conditions file on your computer.
The file must be a .txt file, encoded by utf8 format and can be up to 1 MB.
- To include a custom logo file, click the Browse button in the Logo section.
- Locate and select the logo file on your computer.
- The file must be a .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or a .png file. The file size must be up to 10 MB and the dimensions must be 200x200 pixels.
- To preview the guest portal, click the Preview button.
To preview the terms and conditions page, the terms and conditions and logo files must both be set to either Default or you must upload new files for both. You cannot preview the terms and conditions page if one file is set to Default.
- To setup a redirect URL, select the URL radio button and enter the redirected URL in the field.
After visitors agree to the Terms and Conditions, they are redirected to this URL.
- Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.