This article provides instructions on how to configure FastLane Technology on EX6400, EX7000 or EX7300 range extenders. FastLane Technology offers maximum WiFi performance via a dedicated band connecting the Extender and the WiFi client device as well as a second band connecting the extender and the Wi-Fi router. FastLane Technology is ideal for HD gaming and HD video streaming.
Note: If all your client devices are single band, do not enable FastLane Technology.
To enable FastLane Technology:
- Ensure the wireless client device is connected to the extender’s wireless network.
- Open an Internet browser and go to www.mywifiext.net.
- When prompted, type the email address and password that you have setup when setting up the extender account.
- Now in NETGEAR genie page, click Do More and then click to FastLane.
- In FastLane Technology page, click FastLane Technology.
- When clicking to FastLane Technology, you will be shown 2 options.
Device-to-extender in 5GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4GHz only.
• WiFi clients must support 5GHz band to use this mode as client device will connect to the extender using 5GHz band only.
Device-to-extender in 2.4GHz only and extender-to-router in 5GHz only (router must support 5GHz band).
- Select the option you wish to use and click to SAVE.
Once the settings are saved and you may get disconnected from the previous network. Reconnect your wireless devices.