View the following image for an example of setting up your Orbi router as an access point:
- DSL or cable service
- Existing gateway or router
- Ethernet cable
- Orbi router acting as an access point
- Ethernet cable or WiFi connection
- Cell phone or other WiFi device
To configure your Orbi router as an access point:
- Connect and Ethernet cable to the WAN port of your Orbi router and to the LAN port of your existing router or gateway.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the Orbi network and enter http://orbilogin.com.
The login window opens.
- Enter the router user name and password and click the Log In button.
Note: The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router/AP Mode.
- Select AP Mode.
- Click Apply.
Your settings are saved.
The following video demonstrates these steps: