How do I change the admin password on my Nighthawk router?
This feature let you change the default password that is used to log in to the router with the user name admin. This password is not the one that you use for WiFi access. The label on your router shows your unique wireless network name (SSID) and password for wireless access.
To set the password for the user name admin:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
5. Type the old password, and type the new password twice.
6. To be able to recover the password, select the Enable Password Recovery check box.
NETGEAR recommends that you enable password recovery.
7. Click the Apply button.
Your changes take effect.