How do I block services from the Internet on my Nighthawk router?
You can block Internet services on your network based on the type of service. You can block the services all the time or based on a schedule.
To block services:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.
5. Specify when to block the services:
To block the services all the time, select the Always radio button.
To block the services based on a schedule, select the Per Schedule radio button.
For more informaiton on specifying schedules, see the '"Howsupport article..
6. Click the Add button.
The Block Services Setup screen displays:
7. To add a service that is in the Service Type list, select the application or service.
The settings for this service automatically display in the fields.
8. To add a service or application that is not the list, select User Defined.
a. If you know that the application uses either TCP or UDP, select the appropriate protocol; otherwise, select TCP/UDP (both).
b. Enter the starting port and ending port numbers.
If the service uses a single port number, enter that number in both fields.
To find out which port numbers the service or application uses, you can contact the publisher of the application, ask user groups or newsgroups, or search on the Internet.
9. To specify how to filter the services, select one of the following radio buttons:
Only This IP Address. Block services for a single computer.
IP Address Range. Block services for a range of computers with consecutive IP addresses on your network.
All lP Addresses. Block services for all computers on your network.
10. Click the Add button.
Your changes are saved.