How do I back up the router configuration settings on my Nighthawk router?
The configuration settings of the router are stored within the router in a configuration file. You can back up (save) this file to your computer, restore it, or reset it to the factory default settings.
To back up the router's configuration settings:
- Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login screen displays.
- Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Backup Settings.
- Click the Back Up button.
- Specify a location on your network.
A copy of the current settings is saved in the location you specified.