This article explains how to configure the ReadyCLOUD client to back up data from a Windows PC to a ReadyNAS OS 6 system.
When a folder on a Windows PC is backed up to a ReadyNAS using the ReadyCLOUD client:
A corresponding folder is created on the ReadyNAS
The data is copied from the Windows folder to the ReadyNAS folder.
The folder on the ReadyNAS is called PCName-FolderName, for example: MyPC-Pictures or HomeComputer-Documents.
In this example, the ReadyCLOUD client is already installed on the PC. In this example we are backing up the Pictures folder from the PC to the ReadyNAS. Below are the contents of the Pictures folder:
- Log in to the ReadyCLOUD client by entering your MyNETGEAR username and password.
- Click Sign In:
- The client begins connecting to the ReadyNAS:
- Once the client is connected, click on Backup PC Folder:
- A list of folders in your Windows profile displays. Click on the folder you want to back up to the ReadyNAS and then click OK:
- The client creates a corresponding folder on the ReadyNAS:
- The data from the folder on the Windows PC is scanned and copied to the folder on the ReadyNAS:
- When all data within the folder is copied to the ReadyNAS, the ReadyCLOUD client indicates that it has completed:
- The folder on the ReadyNAS is then opened in a new Explorer window, showing the backed up data:
- Now add some new content to the Pictures folder on the Windows PC:
- You will then see this new content is backed up to the folder on the ReadyNAS: