The Arlo system is designed to maintain the highest level of security to keep your videos private and secure in the cloud:
- AES encryption protects your information. This is the same encryption method that financial institutions use to safeguard user data. AES-128 bit encryption and Transport Layer Security (TLS) ensure that your Arlo camera videos are secure to and from the Arlo camera and base station.
- NETGEAR passed the Safe Harbor certification and meets strict European Union privacy requirements.
In addition, NETGEAR implements the following security measures:
- Strict password requirements are in place to keep your account safe.
- Account authentication over a secure HTTPS connection prevents eavesdropping.
- Arlo limits login attempts (a maximum of five login attempts over five minutes) to prevent bots from guessing your password.
Best practice is to always install the most recent version of NETGEAR apps.
Only people who have both the login name and password can access Arlo videos. NETGEAR employees cannot access Arlo videos.