To extend the range of an Arlo system with a WiFi range extender:
- Ensure that the range extender that you are using has an Ethernet port.
- Install your WiFi range extender and connect the extender to your network.
Follow the installation instructions that came with the extender.
- Connect the Arlo base station to the WiFi range extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn the base station on by pressing the On-Off button. The Power LED and Internet LED on the front of the base station light green in about two minutes.
- Set up and sync your Arlo cameras.
1 – Existing WiFi router
2 – WiFi range extender
3 – Arlo base station
4 – Ethernet cable
Note: If you have trouble registering your Arlo system when you are using a WiFi range extender, try connecting your base station to a router, registering your Arlo system, and syncing your cameras. Once your cameras sync, connect the base station to the WiFi range extender.