EX7000 Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 or above updated wireless driver to fix 2 disconnection issues with R8000
1. Reboot R8000
2. Stress test with many clients disconnect & connect manually
The firmware update on R8000 is necessary, Please click to the following link for important update on R8000:
The firmware update on EX7000 is necessary, Please click to the following link for important update on EX7000:
http://kb.winco.com.hk/Home/Detail/ex7000-important-firmware-update-for-disconnection-issues-with-r8000- See more at: http://kb.winco.com.hk/Home/Detail/r8000-important-firmware-update-for-improvement-with-ex7000-extender#sthash.4MOQkjSe.dpuf
Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is EX7000-V184.108.40.206_1.0.84.chk
Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7000/EX7000-V220.127.116.11_1.0.84.zip
(1) Log in to the device using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.mywifiext.net.
(2) Click Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade
(3) Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
(4) Click Upload. While the firmware is loading, do not interrupt the upgrade process.
(5) The unit reboots when the update is complete.
(6) After the unit boots up and the Netgear logo LED becomes steady white, log in the unit again.
(7) To check that the update was successful, log in to the router again at http://www.mywifi.net and check the firmware version.