E-mail notification feature is used to send router logs to your E-mail address. You can also set a schedule on when the router should send the logs or if someone attempts to visit blocked sites. This article provides steps on how to configure E-mail notification on your Nighthawk router.
To configure E-mail notification on Nighthawk router:
- Use a computer or Wi-Fi device that is connected to your Nighthawk router.
- Open an Internet browser such as Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Go to the address bar and type http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Type the default username which is admin and the default password is password.
- NETGEAR genie displays.
- Click Advanced Tab then Security. Look for E-mail and click it.
- Select Turn E-mail Notification On.
- Enter your E-mail address, the outgoing mail server and the mail server port number. If your mail server requires authentication, select My mail server requires authentication and enter your username and password.
- Select Send Alert Immediately if you want the router to send the router logs when someone attempts to visit a blocked site.
- Select when the router should send the router logs. By default, it is set to When log is full.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
- To try a test E-mail, click Administration then Logs.
- Click Send Log.
- Log shows that it sent an E-mail to your E-mail account.
- Open your E-mail account to check the logs.
E-mail notification is now properly set on your Nighthawk router.
Last Updated:11/28/2016 | Article ID: 29833