How do I access a shared folder on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system by using a network-attached OS X device?
You can access shared folders on your ReadyNAS system using a network-attached OS X device.
To access a shared folder using a network-attached OS X device:
1. Ensure that the AFP or SMB file-sharing protocol is enabled on your ReadyNAS system.
2. In Finder, select Go > Connect to Server.
The Connect to Server dialog box displays.
3. Connect to your ReadyNAS system as follows:
If you are using the AFP file-sharing protocol, enter the following command in the Server Address field:
If you are using the SMB file-sharing protocol, enter the following command in the Server Address field:
In both cases,
Note: If you cannot access the ReadyNAS using its host name, try entering afp://
4. Click the Connect button.
You are prompted to log in to your ReadyNAS system.
5. Enter a user ID and password.
You can log in with administrator or user credentials. If you log in as a user, your access is limited by the settings configured by the ReadyNAS system administrator.
You are prompted to select a volume. Mac OS X calls your ReadyNAS shared folders volumes.
6. Select the volume or volumes (shared folder or folders) you want to access and click the OK button.
Finder displays the volume contents.