You can connect a USB storage device to your Nighthawk X10 R9000 router and back up files on the USB device to your Amazon Drive account. If you do not have an Amazon account, NETGEAR will give you a promotion code for a six month free trial to Amazon Drive.
To install and back up your USB storage device to Amazon Drive:
- Connect a USB storage device to your router.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net.
A login window displays.
- Enter the router admin user name and password.
The admin user name is admin. If you did not change the admin password, the default password is password.
The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select Cloud Backup.
The Cloud Backup page displays.
- If you do not have an Amazon account, click the new user's link on the page to sign up for a six month free trial for Amazon Drive.
A link to for a promotion code for a six month free trial is also on the page. Use the promotion code at check out.
- If you already have an Amazon account, click the existing user's link on the page.
An Amazon sign in windows opens.
- Enter your Amazon account credentials and sign in.
- Click the OK button.
A success page displays. You are redirected back to the router's user interface that shows that your Amazon account is added to the Cloud Backup page.
- Click the Select Folder link to select a folder on your USB storage device that you want to back up to your Amazon Drive account.
- Select a folder and click the OK button.
The folder is added and backed up to your Amazon Drive account.
- (Optional) Set up a backup schedule:
- Real-time sync. The default backup schedule is real-time sync, which means that whenever the data on your USB device changes, it is backed up to cloud in real time.
- Backup on schedule. Back up on schedule means you can select the day and time to back up your data to the cloud.
- Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.